Do-It-Yourself Watering System
DU-WEST'S DO-IT-YOURSELF WATERING SYSTEM
WATERING SYSTEM PARTS:
- Enough soaker hose (round black porous hose that weeps water ) to go around the entire foundation.
- Two Y's with shutoffs
- One pressure regulator (10-20 lb. range)
- One vacuum breaker
- One timer (you can use a battery operated timer that attaches to the hose bib or an irrigation timer with a zone for the foundation)
BUILDING YOUR SYSTEM:
- If using the battery-timer, select a hose bib close to the middle of the building so you have the same amount of hose going in each direction around the foundation.
- Dig a trench two-to-eight inches deep, 12-18 inches away from and all the way around the foundation - including any patios (Surface hoses work, but the system is more efficient when buried)
- Lay the soaker hose starting at the hose bib in both directions around the foundation. (If your soaker hoses have a plastic disk with an 1/8 inch hole in the center, remove the disk before installing the hose)
- Attach the vacuum breaker to the hose bib
- Attach one Y to the vacuum breaker
- Attach the battery operated timer to the Y
- Attach the pressure regulator to the timer
- Attach the Y to the pressure regulator
- Attach the two hoses to the Y
- Turn on the system and allow water to fill hose, and then turn system off
- Backfill the trench with hose in it
OPERATING YOUR SYSTEM:
Set the timer following the manufacturer's directions. We suggest initially setting the timer for 15 minutes twice a day, i.e. 12:00 am and 12:00 pm. During the dry summer months, you may have to set the time for either longer watering times or more watering cycles. In the winter, cut back again.
Make sure to check the moisture level at lease once each quarter. Stick a large screwdriver in the ground around the foundation and pull it out. If the soil on the end is moist, the timer is set properly; if muddy, you are over watering. If you can't get the screwdriver into the ground because it's hard and dry, you need to increase watering. Foliage and plants around the foundation also indicate effective watering. If they're healthy, your foundation should be healthy, too.
Du-West Fixes Them All
Whether it's a home or commercial building, industrial facility, or highway bridge, Du-West's repair technology delivers complete solutions.
After conducting a thorough evaluation, Du-West's specialists determine if repairs are necessary. Repaired areas are often covered by a lifetime transferable warranty. Du-West offers methods which are convenient, quick, and guaranteed.
Du-West is the innovation leader in home repairs. By developing and perfecting advanced techniques, Du-West continues to define the leading edge of the foundation repair industry.
The Du-West Experience
When your repair day comes, Du-West's big white truck pulls up in front of your home. Du-West strives to avoid disrupting your life and preserve your landscaping, while we perform repairs.